Sunday, July 22, 2012

Some Eggcellent examples ;-)

Quackers the Khaki Campbell Duck laid her first egg. I can't wait to try out the flavour tonight when I eat it for tea!
Yes of course a photo was taken. I've put them up against some of the ladies eggs for comparison.


From Left: Australorp Bantam, Khaki Campbell Duck, Rhode Island Red, Barnvelder, Pekin
Post tea review: Taste is much the same as hens eggs -very nice. The albumen levels were distinct. A fertile spot (bulls eye)was present so Cadbury is being successful in his matings! Middle child was upset that I was eating a duckie.

2 comments:

  1. I want to see what you do with the duck egg! I'd LOVE to keep a few ducks (Mr Bok says noooooooo way) - is their poo really all that messy? And I have no idea what I'd do with their eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poo disappears quicker than chook poo because it is more liquid. Less of of an issue if they are free ranging, more if they are penned.

    Quite a different smell too.

    ReplyDelete